Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Spring is in the air


I went for a walk with my dog Tucker who is a mixed breed of German short-haired pointer and black lab. I'm thinking it is the lab because we see water and he is in it. So today on our walk he chose to take a quick dip to "cool off" near the end of the walk. I'm so glad he chose to do it here because at the other end of the pond were hundreds of smelly dead fish. No doubt due to lack of oxygen while the pond was heavily ice covered this winter. On our walk we had an opportunity to see and hear a pileated woodpecker, nuthatches, chickadees, tufted titmice, crows, some turkey vultures in the sky (no doubt smelling the dead fish), cardinals and a few other birds whose songs I do not know. Some of the trails at Girdled Road Park South were still snow covered in the woods, the warm weather and sun made them a little soft. The open areas were clear but muddy. It was a really nice day today for a walk and it looks like the rest of the week will be the same. Go out and enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. My purebred German Short-haired Pointer is water crazy so Tucker's got a double dose of the waterdog gene!

    ReplyDelete